• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First Deuce - Today!

greenjeepster

My deuce is home! :jumpin:

First I must thank my wife for spending the day to help with the recovery. She patiently waited while we checked everything out and then followed on the slow trip home. She still doesn't understand why I "needed" this truck but she has been very understanding!

I have been driving a deuce for the fire department for years but always for short distances. I just realized that 90+ miles in a deuce takes a while and seems like a lot further. :driver: I have a new found respect for you guys that have gone hundreds of miles in a deuce. :shock:
:
LOL: I know what you mean. NHdiesel left here with in a deuce last week for a 1100 mile run and I heard back from him 3 days later. That is a trip I do in the car in 16 hrs.

One word of advice that probably should not be coming from me because I always forget to put down the wheel chock; but when chocking wheels chock the wheel on the up hill side between the duels so that if for some act of god it rolls up hill it will catch the chock on the second set of tires.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad everything went smoothly. I was "hoping" that I would get the recovery phone call......:wink:

Treat her nicely as she will get lonely without all of her Motorpool mates...

Tell you wife you will take her for a romatic dinner. Not in the Deuce.....

Warthog

Westex

That IS an exceptional looking truck. Now you will enjoy all the logistics of owning and driving one. This is the greatest site in the world to research any and all problems you might encounter. Enjoy.

Congratulations Happyland,
Sorry I missed you today, I goofed and came out yesterday to Warthog's to meet you and check out the truck.
My Bad.:oops:
The truck looks great tho. Joe is a great guy. I guess I'll have to get him to find one for me now. My trailer just doesn't seem to be enough now. I must have more.
We'll all get together soon.
CONVOY:roll::?:

Later,
Bill

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That IS an exceptional looking truck. Now you will enjoy all the logistics of owning and driving one. This is the greatest site in the world to research any and all problems you might encounter. Enjoy.
This is a '75 model and had fresh CARC paint applied in 2004. No rust or dents. She had a gentle life.

I did have to replace a few parts that where bad or robbed. Turbo, air compressor, low air buzzer switch, wiper motors, bad tranny, etc. She starts on the first push of the button and purrs....

I even threw in a "D" turbo to replace the "C".

On to my 5 ton projects.

Warthog out.

Happyland1410

Thanks for all of the nice comments! As I left for work this morning my deuce looked really nice sitting in my yard. :-D

I also must share an experience from the trip home yesterday. I was passed by a school bus (you know you are not speeding when a school bus passes you). As the bus went by, a kid looked out an open window and respectfully saluted. I was not in the military so I want to pass that salute on to all of you veterans who it was really for and who deserve it. Thank you for your service!

steelandcanvas

As the bus went by, a kid looked out an open window and respectfully saluted. I was not in the military so I want to pass that salute on to all of you veterans who it was really for and who deserve it. Thank you for your service!
If you don't feel comfortable saluting, smile and wave. You'll see we get alot of attention while driving our MVs.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a really nice looking truck. Now that it's home, you need to do your PMCS (Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services - TM 9-2320-209-10-2.pdf).