• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my first deuce

DUECE-COUPE

may have gone through depot rebuild in 83. A true 67' would be a gasser, or a first generation 465 ld. What did you get for documentation? you may be able to contact the unit that turned it in based on the bumper numbers seen on the front bumper. they may have records for it. records are required to be kept for 2 years, so it may be an option as well. good luck

DieselBob

Very nice looking deuce. Glad to hear your trip went good. As DEUCE-COUPE mentioned it might have had a depot rebuild in which case they consider it being the model year it was rebuilt.

demonhunter77

Thank you. I will try and track down the unit after Xmas. For now its time to strip her naked and look for steel cancers to treat. Going to quad cab her. If she is a Kaiser will any deuce cab still match up?

DUECE-COUPE

may have gone through depot rebuild in 83. A true 67' would be a gasser, or a first generation 465 ld. What did you get for documentation? you may be able to contact the unit that turned it in based on the bumper numbers seen on the front bumper. they may have records for it. records are required to be kept for 2 years, so it may be an option as well. good luck. An internet search revealed that your truck was assigned to the 149 MEB [h=1]149th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade.[/h]

DUECE-COUPE

all the cabs are the same, some may have a reinforcement plate on the rear wall of the cab to strengthen the cab after a ring mount is installed, but other than that, all M35A2/A3 and M800 series trucks use the same cab, doors, windshields, and roofs. what are you going to use for a bed when you quad cab it?

demonhunter77

Here are the pics i took when i woke up. (I live to wake up to a deuce in my driveway)
all the cabs are the same, some may have a reinforcement plate on the rear wall of the cab to strengthen the cab after a ring mount is installed, but other than that, all M35A2/A3 and M800 series trucks use the same cab, doors, windshields, and roofs. what are you going to use for a bed when you quad cab it?
Thank you for the info. Now to track down a good cab, doors and hard top on the cheap.

demonhunter77

Congrats!
Looks like a really solid deuce.

Shorten the stock bed if you're going to bob it.
I'm kinda partial to that.....see my avatar. ;)
Looks good sir. Mine may be a really short bed though. IM planning on not just crew cabbing her but relocating the truly tank to between the crew cab and bed(one with twice the capacity).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does the VIN start with 0125?

That truck is gorgeous!!! Way too nice to bob.

You get it from GL or a private seller?

demonhunter77

Does the VIN start with 0125?

That truck is gorgeous!!! Way too nice to bob.

You get it from GL or a private seller?

Here is the shady part. I just looked over my sales receipt and Florida registration info. Two different vins! The registration Von is only 6 figures long. Starting with 4j3. My as is warrantythey had stuck in the truck has an 18 figure Von starting with da20. And there is an "amc" in the middle. Odd?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The 4J3 is probably the military's registration #. Lots of folks who don't know what they're doing don't know which one to use.

Look on the framerail on the outside near the pitman arm. Or on your dataplate. If it's a '67 it should be something like 0125-XXXXX.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks