• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First Deuce

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Howdy folks, as some of you know I was searching for an M35a2 and after chasing several trucks I finally purchased one from Russ (known as Atomic here on the forum), and drove her home over 180 miles from Leesburg Georgia to Senoia. It's a '74 AM General M109a3 with a White/Continental LDT multifuel sporting a Whistler C turbo, soft top, G177 tires and a Deuce bed as well as an airshift front axle

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck. Keep us posted on your progress. (pictures) We love pictures. A set of those G177 tires may be finding their way on to my Deuce in the future. Good Luck with her.:goodjob:

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi from North Georgia, be sure to check out threads for the past Ga. Rally's and watch for the thread for the 2017 Ga. rally coming Oct 18-22 facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GeorgiaMilitaryVehicleRally/ also there's a couple rally's near coming soon http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Outpost-Winter-Rally-FEB23-26-2017-MT-DORA-FL http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?154389-2017-Denton-NC-MV-Rally-April-13-14-15thand

the rally's are a great opportunity to put faces to the names, buy parts and learn about military vehicles and their history

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Thank you all for the warm welcome; I took her out Saturday night for a little off-road initiation with a bed full of passengers. Despite it being a cow farm riddled with landmines and Jeep trails, I managed to widen them with my bumper I also tried my luck in the mud, going through ruts cut by trucks with 44s and she never skipped a beat! Also forded 4 feet of water crossing a creek, very impressed with the traction of the g177's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandcobra164

I'll show you some spots that will stick that truck at Durhamtown if it's wet during GA Rally time this year. Not just any Deuce, the Deuce you bought. I am friends with it's former owner so I've got some history with "Arabella" unless you change the name. We seem to get along pretty good as well Eli so I can say I'm friends with it's current owner as well. Below are a few pictures spanning a few years with your truck. Most are from Leesburg Christmas Parades as it's been involved in each one for the last 4 or 5 years. It was seldom driven but has made the 190 mile trip from Leesburg to Durhamtown and back once three years ago. I'm sure you'll have fun with it, you've got my number if you want to talk about it. I hope you become a GA Rally regular, your truck will make 2 that used to live in my front yard that attend on a regular basis.

Attachments

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I'll show you some spots that will stick that truck at Durhamtown if it's wet during GA Rally time this year. Not just any Deuce, the Deuce you bought. I am friends with it's former owner so I've got some history with "Arabella" unless you change the name. We seem to get along pretty good as well Eli so I can say I'm friends with it's current owner as well. Below are a few pictures spanning a few years with your truck. Most are from Leesburg Christmas Parades as it's been involved in each one for the last 4 or 5 years. It was seldom driven but has made the 190 mile trip from Leesburg to Durhamtown and back once three years ago. I'm sure you'll have fun with it, you've got my number if you want to talk about it. I hope you become a GA Rally regular, your truck will make 2 that used to live in my front yard that attend on a regular basis.
Thank you for the post and pictures, I hope to make the Rally later this year, and look forward to being able to check out your 5 ton! Your truck is definitely sharp, and I plan on staying connected!

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks