• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: My first Duece

Why are the troop seats on backwards? The cargo area staves are very tall and so is the stack. What was this used for? Clean truck though, congrats.

breslin

RE: My first Duece

It was used at Camp Ripley to store Medical Equipment when out in the field. The only thing i can think why the troop seats are backward is to make more space in the bed. The bed aslo has electrical outlets and lights on the bows.
The rear door has a lock on it also. I am going to leave the metal cage on but remove the back door. That way i can load more stuff into the bed.

I do have to thank everybody here on the site for all the great infomation it was a huge help yesterday when i picked it up.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the same screen we use in Michigan to keep out mosquitos!

nattieleather

That was a unit level conversion to turn a regular cargo truck into a some what secure box truck (i.e. M109) Then they would throw a extended canvas top on it to cover the top and sides. Some were used for parts storage, some for medical equipment, some for food service, basically anything you needed to keep under lock and key in the field.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks