• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First Deuce

skytroop232

Interesting day on the GL. Learned a few weeks ago that you had to at least bid once on a vehicle in order to see the final price and to get it to stay on your watch list.
I've been interested in a Deuce for awhile after seeing some of them used during and after Hurricane Katrina by private citizens for rescue and relief efforts.

I was watching several this week at Ft Knox and since they usually go for 1500 to 2000 I put a bid on one at $900. Guess what... I'm now the owner of a 1991 M35A2, Kaiser with an odometer reading of 3307 miles and an hour reading of 235. From the pictures it is cosmetically beautiful, all the canvas, seats, paint, tires etc. are very very nice.
It was from an Aviation unit and from my experience in the Army it seem the Aviation units didn't use their vehicles all that often.

I'm going to download the checklist and get started on the End User paperwork. My buddy just bought one a few weeks ago at Wright Patterson and is going to go with me to get it. I'm outside of Columbus, Ohio and it will be a long drive but can't wait. I'll post some pics when I get her.

It is a little bigger than my M-151, but it will fit in the barn, I hope. Only one rule from the wife, it can't sit outside!!

This is a great site.

Bob Croce
Galena, Ohio

mbarber84

Congratulations...another one saved!! Good luck with the recovery efforts, they`re usually a lot of fun and part of the Deuce owning experience!

Def. check the recovery list, plan, plan, plan, ....Murphy`s Law will pop its ugly head up in the most unexpected places!!!

Again, CONGRATS!!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the event and lot number of the sale? With that I can post a link to the pics.

KsM715

Did I read that right? $900 for a deuce? and a "Jeep" built one at that. Man I hate you right now.:p wish the ones at riley would go like that. I've done the same thing, low balled a few trucks so I could see the final selling price and in hopes maybe no one else was watching, but hasnt worked for me yet. Congrats!

skytroop232

The Deuce was Lot Number 6900 in Sale # 3890.

I think everybodies computers were frozen around Knox today. 4 or 5 of them went for right around $1000.
Thanks in advance for posting the picture.

Bob

Fat Jack

You got a heck of a deal. I'm jealous too. I think a Deuce would bring more than that at a scrap yard, just for the metal content.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got a heck of a deal. I'm jealous too. I think a Deuce would bring more than that at a scrap yard, just for the metal content.
While $900 is a heck of a deal, a deuce won't bring that in scrap at the current prices. Back in July a deuce would bring $1800 for scrap but now you'll get about $500.