• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce

M-35A3

Just picked up a 1971 AM General M35-A2 wo/w (<its name is Line backer 2) ,Took a winch And pto off a 1967 deuce( which got shipped back from Europe) and it still had alot of fighting spirit left in it which caused me to take over 5+ hours to take off bumper .winch and tire off , Anyway my deuce specs are LD465 , heater, Ether start , air shift front end , convoy light mount ( but no light :cry: ) , lots of black out lights (which i have no idea of working), Two gun mounts and 3 custom hitches .

( will get pictures up tonight or tomorrow , )

Just need a pto gearbox and shifter so if anyone has these parts any PMs will be appreciated.

Last edited:

M-35A3

Have a few questions for yall

#-1 Has anyone put together a lock that works with the stock deuce door locks before ?

#-2 Was thinking of finding a semi power steering box to convert deuce . which brand fits the best with the least modification ? ( international? )

#-3 How do i load pictures onto ss ? i tried several ways but all i get is links to the pictures like the post above.

#-4 Where is the best location to get the push button light switch from?

Thank you for any responses

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We don't do image tagging here via html, see this thread for a thorough discussion: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/website-help/44106-posting-pics.html

Have a few questions for yall

#-1 Has anyone put together a lock that works with the stock deuce door locks before ?

#-2 Was thinking of finding a semi power steering box to convert deuce . which brand fits the best with the least modification ? ( international? )

#-3 How do i load pictures onto ss ? i tried several ways but all i get is links to the pictures like the post above.

#-4 Where is the best location to get the push button light switch from?

Thank you for any responses
1. There are some door handles out there on the market which will replace yours and they are keyed. Use the search feature ( Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Search Forums ) and look for threads containing words like "locking handle", "locking door handles", etc. rmgill is one of the authors you can use to narrow down your search.

2. Do a search using the phrase "power steering" and you will come up with several threads. m35-tom has engineered a very good swap using an old Ross box.

3. See linked thread about posting images.

4. Probably eBay.

Welcome to the site! You will find that 99.99% of the questions about the M44 series have some fantastic threads covering all sorts of topics in great detail. When I found the site, I found the best thing I could do was just start at page 1 of the deuce forum and start reading threads. By the time you get to the most recent page, you will know more than the Reo engineers who gave us this stuff. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks