• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Generator, 1992 MEP-002A

Bought my first Genset the other day, it's a 1992 MEP 002A mounted on an M116A2 3/4 ton trailer with surge road brakes.
The generator came with some pretty awesome mods including spin on oil and fuel filters and an auxillary outlet box so you can plug directly into 120/240VAC with three or four prong plugs. The set runs great and the oil is super clean!

The trailer is in excellent condition and has a NOS vinyl cover, the previous owner even bolted plywood to the bows so it can handle a heavy snow load without sagging.

Towed it home 78 miles with the Deuce without any problems. Now I need to get comfortable with operating the set so I can get her hooked up to the house. Downloaded all the TMs and reading through the forums before I go and short out the neighborhood :oops:.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happy new generator. I bought my first generator from GL, a MEP-002A and its a sweet heart of a machine. Only had 2 hours on it when i bought it. I like the electrical box on there that was put on. I want to do that to mine but dont have the heart to drill through the panel.

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice generator. Another solution to getting power receptacles at the generator is to use a distribution box, sometimes referred to as a "spider box". I use the large CEP box by connecting a 50 amp shore power cable between my 002 and the box. The box has pass throughs for 50 amp 120/240 and for 30 amp 120/240, as well as a bunch of GFCI protected 20 amp 120 volt receptacles.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks