• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first heavy truck xm215

Carlo

Just purchased a 1955 XM215 in pretty rough shape. Currently has a Detroit 6V53 motor and a four speed transmission from an old county dump truck. The dump bed is not correct. The old girl is pretty solid and relatively straight otherwise. It sat for about 10 years before I got it neglected, I got it running and moving under its own power in short order. So much left to do not even sure where to start. Currently working on the brakes, rebuilt the master cylinder, seems to work okay. The next step is bleed the Hydro vac unit and a proper bleed at the wheels and see what happens. Somebody cut the dash where the light switch used to be and put in a tachometer, fixing that should be interesting. I did manage to pull it into my shop today and it just barely fits, next stop literally brakes. As soon as I figure out how to attach pictures from my mobile device I will make that happen.
Nice work! Somene must save these and sounds like you are the right man to save this truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks