• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first LMTV- M1081- I’ll need your help.

Ineedatruck

My air compressor hoses on the bottom of the governor and on top were disconnected when I bought this truck. I have no clue why. Should I just reconnect them, and go from there? The braided hoses on the bottom tha lt come from the governor go to the wet tank? Does it matter which hose goes where? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ronmar

My air compressor hoses on the bottom of the governor and on top were disconnected when I bought this truck. I have no clue why. Should I just reconnect them, and go from there? The braided hoses on the bottom tha lt come from the governor go to the wet tank? Does it matter which hose goes where? Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes it matters. One is the air sense line in from the wet tank. It actually connects to a T down beside the engine/trans on the line from wet tank to front red gladhand. That is how it measures the wet tank air pressure.

The second line is an output from the governor. When the governor unloads it connects that wet tank pressure to that second line which connects to the dryer. Pressure on that second line causes the air dryer to purge any collected moisture out of it’s sump. So the air dryer should purge/go whoosh every time the wet tank reaches 125PSI and the compressor unloads...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks