• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first M37, a junkyard find.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two M101 generator fuel tanks, they are the same but with the holes for the gauge and pickup in different locations. I only need one. Both are good tanks.

I've also heard that a certain year chevy S-10 tank fits in that spot too.

Looks good, hope you make the deadline!

MatthewH

I have two M101 generator fuel tanks, they are the same but with the holes for the gauge and pickup in different locations. I only need one. Both are good tanks.

QUOTE]

On the genny tanks, the fuel pickup is in the correct spot, the fuel gauge hole is off in a goofy spot. You have to build an adapter plate to bolt the M37 sending unit to the tank, as the genny sending unit is larger and the M37 sending unit won't bolt up.

Other than that, tank works good, and fits in place nicely

Good Luck

misupratwin

I got a little work done this weekend, I got all of the e-brake put together and realized that i needed to safety wire a bolt to the bracket, I didn't have that bolt so i drilled one.

The rear and front axle are now complete, filled with fluid. The t-case is next I have all the seals.

I removed and cleaned the ground stud and replced the ground wire. I also installed the taillight brackets and lights time to start wiring is coming near. Tim

Attachments

misupratwin

Thanks, Being a full time auto tech has its privileges. I love tools, I have 2 drive ons 3 freearms , a monarch 16in lathe ,the mill and exhaust bender , and a modis at the top of my list. And just about every hand tool with duplicates, some tools just for the the heck of it.

You should come visit battle creek sometime. Tim

Attachments

Last edited:

misupratwin

I found a gas tank, I'm sending it and the radiator to the radiator shop to be tested cleaned and sealed. I had just got all the parts I needed to put the tank in, And connectors to repair the wiring harness.

When my friend a engine builder by trade offered to build the engine for a wedding present yesterday,:-D Imagine his suprise when he walked in my shop and the engine was sitting on the floor! 8) It took about four hours to get it out. I will have more pictures later on the engine.

I did find out I needed a water pump, And Napa even had it in stock. Tim

Attachments

misupratwin

So, Today while I was putting a Ford van back together I took a pic of my girlfriend helping out. She was wrapping the wiring harness with hockey tape then applying liquid tape to that.Next is the rear harness at the taillights, Then I will have to see if she will get under the dash to fix those wires :roll:

The engine is at the machine shop, has to be bored, decked, crank polished, rods rebushed and the head shaved.
The radiator and gas tank are going to the radiator shop tomorrow to check for leaks and to be sealed.

Next week is going to suck paying for the labor and parts, bittersweet though. Tim

Attachments

misupratwin

I have working on the wiring past few weeks, And gathering parts. The wiring has been taped and sealed with liquid electrical tape, Wires added for marker lights, brake light, turn signals, heater, electric wipers and two extra circuits for later. P82A0144.jpgP82A0119.jpgP82A0134.jpg I found a hardtop, it's a scuff and spray paint for now, running out of time. P82A0146.jpgP82A0145.jpg My gas tank and radiator are back, I also had the tank painted. P82A0149.jpg Tim

misupratwin

This week I spent getting the engine assembled and installed.P82A0153.jpgP82A0155.jpgP82A0154.jpgP82A0151.jpg It's just sitting in there, I'am waiting for the starter and generator to come back from the shop. Hope to have it running and driving next week. Tim

misupratwin

Just a few more pictures, progress is being made. I have hit the finaical wall with my better half, Her wedding expense come before the truck now. I only had a few more things to get, plugs and wires. I drove it from the free arm hoist onto the drive-on on four cylinders, the truck is not happy. But I am. Tim

Attachments

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's getting there. Just take your time and keep the priorities straight, you will much happier in the long run. The truck will still be there waiting for you. I've never had to worry about gremlins coming in at night to work on my truck.

Hope things & wedding go well for you.

Storm 51