• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First M52

wehring

I just brought home a multifuel M52. What a beast. Hope you like the pics. Towed it home today. Slaved it off and it fired right up. Drove it around for about 30 min to play with it. used the winch to drag a tree trunk. I love the 5 ton multifuel motor.

Justin wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

tow rig

Here is my tow rig. 5 ton ESP. It is an M923 with FMTV guts (3126 Cat and 7 speed Allison auto)

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

I hope to get an M52A2 also! Wanted the one M1075 had but everytime I got close to getting enough cash, something always came up. Well I'll just keep my fingers crossed and maybe I'll find another. Nice find on yours! Looks like its got some nice deep rubber on it.
Thanks for posting the pics![thumbzup]

wehring

Thanks

Thanks for the comments. I like it but it will need to find a new home. I simply bought it to save it from the scrap metal guy.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope to get an M52A2 also! Wanted the one M1075 had but everytime I got close to getting enough cash, something always came up. Well I'll just keep my fingers crossed and maybe I'll find another. Nice find on yours! Looks like its got some nice deep rubber on it.
Thanks for posting the pics![thumbzup]
You're in luck. One was just posted in the classifieds. The amazing part is not only does it look a lot like the one in this thread I think it's even in the same town. :D

Wehring,
Love your tow rig. Would love to put that engine and trans combo in an M52. :) Is the trailer an ex-military trailer or a civilian one? And do you have any more pics of it?

Ruppster

wehring

thanks for the plug

Thanks for the plug. Yes, it is listed in the sales section.

The trailer is military and made by Holden. It is an EET (engineering equipment trailer) and it was made to haul a 580 backhoe anywhere the MTVR can pull it. The tandem axles have enough movement to climb over an 18" vertical wall. I put of a post some time ago about the EET. It is full of pics where it was loaded with an M113.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks