• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first M923a1 - no title

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the appeal of an MV that strong to make people put their heads up their butts before a purchase? I just don't get it.
Calm down cowboy. :) I think you're barking up the wrong tree on this one. If you go back and re-read the entire thread it looks like the OP was buying it from an auction house that said it had a title. It wasn't till after the fact that it came out about the title issue. The OP didn't go in to this knowing it had a title issue as it sounds like he thought it came with one. The auction house is trying to make good on it and seems to be willing to give a refund.

Had the OP bought it knowing it came without a title then your complaint would be valid. This time I don't think that's the case.

Edit: P.S. Super secret mod, huh? :) Did you know your sig block is in violation of the rules? :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Calm down cowboy. :) I think you're barking up the wrong tree on this one. If you go back and re-read the entire thread it looks like the OP was buying it from an auction house that said it had a title. It wasn't till after the fact that it came out about the title issue. The OP didn't go in to this knowing it had a title issue as it sounds like he thought it came with one. The auction house is trying to make good on it and seems to be willing to give a refund.

Had the OP bought it knowing it came without a title then your complaint would be valid. This time I don't think that's the case.

Edit: P.S. Super secret mod, huh? :) Did you know your sig block is in violation of the rules? :mrgreen:
I see you must think I was talking about the OP when I asked this question. That is what it was, a question, not a complaint. The OP is not the first person on the board to buy a truck without a title (either knowingly or unwittingly). How does my making an question about anybody buying a truck without a title qualify as a complaint?

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, my apologies. My use of the word "complaint" was not appropriate. I should have said "comment" instead. Sorry about that. As far as your "comment" all I can say is : Well, you did make the statement in a thread that was initiated by the OP, didn't you? :) It's one thing if a person buys a truck that he or she thinks comes with a title versus someone that buys it knowing full well that there is no title at all. Your comment seemed to be more aimed at those who knowingly buys one without a title. While I know your comment was a generality unless stated otherwise such a generality implies you feel the OP falls in with those you were commenting on. If that was not your intent then I apologize for reading it as such. While I may have been wrong in regards to my interpretation of your remark I still stand behind the comment I made to you in the "P.S." I added to my last post. :mrgreen:

To the OP: I hope you are able to get something worked out as it sounds like you got a good deal on the truck (have you posted pictures of it yet? hint, hint :) ) and I don't blame you for wanting to keep it if at all possible. It's nice to see that at least the auction house is trying to make things right and is willing to refund your money instead of leaving you stuck with a title-less truck. There are other things you can do to get a title for it but they cost money and could lead to possible problems down the road. You would be better off to take that money and add it to the money from the refund of the current truck and use the combined amount to look for a truck with proper documentation. That's if the auction house is unable to get you a title.

Last edited:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definately listen to everyone on this.
What he ^^ said.

It is so simple and easy for the first buyer from GL to get an SF97. A few clicks of the mouse and $60 a pop and it's done.

There is no excuse for not doing it, and people selling trucks without an SF97 to re-assign should not be rewarded with a sale.

rrrr

I've been through a heck of a time once with a vehicle with no title. It was a barn find. I had to go and get a lawyer, file a court petition to get the vehicle awarded to me. I also had to get it inspected by the state police. What a nightmare. I will not do that again. It cost me about $800 total and took 3 months. This was for a vehicle over 60 years old.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand there are some strange circumstances with the auctionhouse and this purchase, but my rule of thumb is "no producable title before the sale means there wont be a sale"..

sniperboy

WOW I didn't mean to stir things up! Just wanted to know if some others had some experience with this. Sounds like it happens often. I have learned alot in the past few weeks. Still no word from the auction house. I have found out that there are ways to get a title in Texas without the sf97. Just sent off my paperwork and a $300.00 check for a title. Should have a clear title in about a month. When (and if) I get the sf97 I will have a title as well. For those who say I have my head up my butt - I like it there - it's nice and quiet and no one bothers you! I'm a member of quite a few forums and have noticed there are those who have really good info to share and those who just like to type. This forum seems to follow the rule!:doghead:

sniperboy

Yes and no. I got the sf97 last week and should get the title in a few weeks. Can't drive it now with only one front tire. It's up on jacks. Now looking for 2 14x20 tires. But still happy with the truck.