• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first MV

bchesley

Well, I took the plunge and bought my first MV. I am the second civilian owner to have the truck. The guy I bought it from did all the work to it. It needs a few things, but nothing really major. The motor and trans are stock, the axles are out of an ambulance, it has a front locker, dual transfer cases with a 203/205 doubler, 39.5 Iroks with Staun internal bead locks, and a Bestop soft top. I have a list of upgrades that I am hoping to add over the next few months. I will add some additional photos as soon as I can.

Brad Chesley

Attachments

bchesley

Thanks, I am pretty excited. The holiday weekend will be the first time I get to tear in to it. I am going to start with the doghead mod and then move on to the glow plugs. I cant wait to drive it to work.

SPCWarning

Welcome from Mississippi, bchelsey! That's a nice.....er.......MEAN looking 1009 you got there! Can't wait to see more pics, especially the soft top. (I'm considering one for Butterbean). Congrats on the find!
Download all the TM's for the CUCV if you haven't already, they will be some of your best friends.
Jimmy

bchesley

Thanks, the soft top was one of the reasons I bought it, and the 39.5" iroks helped too. Its a Bestop that is no longer available and are getting really hard to find. The cool part about the top is the sides roll up and keep the cargo covered. In Texas the August heat will go way over a 100 degrees and that shade will make all the difference in the world.