• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First REAL Deuce Problem.

nk14zp

sorry to brig this back from the dead but im having a similar issue however rather than the squealing occuring at temp it only seems to do it for about 5-10 min when i first start the truck. if i watch the voltage it will spike and then i will hear it squeal, shutting off the acessory switch will stop the squealing. at that point i let it run for a while and im good to go. i suspect bearing but i didnt know if perhaps i had a faulty reulator.

Dan
How are your belts?

whyme

the one gen belt is brand new the other is old but usable. i put a 12volt kit on a month or so ago so the belts where checked then. the squealing had been an intermittent issue ofver the winter but only at start up and soon after would go away. i had always attributed it to being a bad compressor belt but never saw the voltage spike as i was not in the cab when it was heppening.

The noise sounds like a slipping belt. After a start the alternator charges hard to bring the batterys up from the starting drain. A slipping belt will kill an alternator. It creates a lot of heat that is transferd through the shaft to the rotor assembly and cooks it.

If the belt screams when first started it usually slips all the time just enough to overheat the alternator but not enough to make noise

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks