• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First Recovery

Astarr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was my first purchase and recovery from GL. Ben (a1171) went with me to Red River in Hooks, TX to assist as he has made many recoveries from here. I would like to add that the folks from GL were very helpful and professional; a special thanks to Maynard (sorry if the spelling is wrong) for the excellent assistance.

Our first stop was Hell-Mart for a set of magnetic trailer lights and a quick check of the trailer. I also took the time to add air to the air bags on my truck to assist with the ride. I must say that I have definitely been bitten by the bug and will be adding more green stuff in the near future. I also purchased 2 more 105’s from Norman OK (how many trailers can a deuce pull at a time). James and Shawn from OKC Auction Services are assisting with the recovery.

Adam

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice trailer. To haul two, load one in the back Deuce. I loaded one once with a couple of planks and a cable "come along". Otherwise, turn one up side down, and load it on top of the first trailer. Often, on the Bases, there is a loading ramp, somewhere (if they will let you use it).

Lee in Alaska

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up one M105 at Redstone last week, and two at Camp Shelby this week. To help lower wind resistance, I remove the cover (duh), pull off the front and rear stakes and drop the tailgate. Then I run the magnetic lights to the back of the bed. I've also found that all the trailer tires I've bought have low air in the tires, usually 15-25 lbs, so I bring a generator and air compressor. Short distance with an empty trailer may be OK, but 400 miles on the interstate at 70 mph can be risky with low tire pressure.

BTW, there is a Shell (?) gas station next to Walmart outside the Redstone entrance that has free air.

Astarr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailboss,

This was the first trailer I have pulled with my pickup truck. I was amazed at how well it pulled. I was unaware it was there most of the time. The trip from Texarkana to Beaumont was not that bad. We will see how the trip from OKC to Beaumont goes.

I would like to have one from each manufacturer; how many manufacturers built the 105?

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they pull great at high speed even behind a half ton pickup. It does take longer to stop, tho.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks