• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first scratch built M109 calling it force OA

TexMc

Updated! Well started tonight on a duece build this is my 1st. I am under a small dead line. There is a car show and auction benefit in just 6 days! I am hoping me and my son can complete project in time to compete. There will be cars and trucks of all kinds, but we all know and agree the DUECE reins supreme. I just have to do my part. We slaved thru the evening on body work mounting cab, cargo box, and front clip. Tomorrow is paint and camo job(rattle can special). Then mounting of tires and wheels.
We are going to singles due to time constraints. So mounting of NDTs will half to do. The 109 is a little heavy for the stock power plant so just before show might try a high octane glucose injection. Any suggestions are more than welcomed. I hope it turns out as good in reality as my dream. Will update on build and place in show. Have not posted enough to upload pics. So hopefully the moderator will allow me to post pics soon.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not much to offer with out pics, but sometimes, in a rush, important things like brakes can get over looked. I would hate to you go through all that effort just to wreck the truck on its maiden voyage. I wish you the best, bring home a first place trophy!

TexMc

Thanks to all those who replied could not help but have little fun with this. The car show is a my sons pee wee school to. The kids will have a car parade the auction off the cars, to raise money for scholarships. To the school. Will continue to post updates as we progress.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am I missing something or is this in the wrong forum? I'm guessing models and scale replicas

Emmett

Is that a cardboard box???? I was thinking of all the work I put into my 109A3 and wondering how he was going to get it done in such a short time......now I know.

TexMc

update

Well completed build turned out pretty good. I was pretty busy with build did not get many progress pics but man did it turn out grand and my boy loved it. We got great reviews at show. It was not only one of the best but most certainly the biggest car or truck there. So here are the pics comments are most welcome , by the way before you say she is a trailer queen ha-ha