• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First Time

MouseGirl

Coyote ( DC3Coyote) And I went out to richloam ( I think thats how its spelled) Last weekend! It was my very first time going off the paved road, and I was sooo happy I got to do it in the pinz! I admit, I was skeptical.. I'd watch Coyote looking longingly at a four or five foot deep pond of something that can only be described as yuck. I'd watch him pull down the three levers that did something to the tires, though I'm not entirely sure what... And Drive right in. We'd be stuck for just a moment, and when I started thinking that maybe one of us would have to get out and push... he'd grin and roll on up the steep wall of mud and grin at me like " what? you didnt ACTUALLY think I'd get stuck did you?"

We went through five bodies of water, one of which was an actual lake, the other was a long stretch of ditches that had been flooded.

We saw Deer, A cottonMouth snake, A pigmy Rattle snake, some unknown black snake.. and to my horror LOTS AND LOTS of BIG SPIDERS. All of those spiders adored dropping from the palm fronds we ripped through and onto my seat, legs, boots, hair... ICK! Ok Ok I know I lose cool points here for acting like a girl.. but... spiders.. gross! One of which was as big as a coffee mug. Found her while trying to pull the back down on the pinz. We chased an armadillo, he was unharmed but got a work out. Then a tree frog fell on me, landed right on my boob.. He hung out for a while until Coyote pushed him off onto the next sturdy tree we came across.

Speaking of trees! Not only did we go under and over trees.. we went through a couple of them! Forcing our way through them and getting twig, leaves, and full branches stuck in the bed and doors of the truck. Poor Pinz also got a dent above her left head light.

I think we got air four times, alot of bouncing mostly, and ducking because genius wanted me to get the full feel of being off road. When we went through over grown areas We'd both get slapped in the face and torso by anything that was broken off.

All and All I had ALOT of fun. I've never been so dirty in my life and I absolutely can not wait to go again! And to think, if I hadnt twisted his arm, we wouldnt have gone out in the first place.

I cant wait for my next trip! I hope to be able to do some driving by then!
Britt.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your first time, huh? Was it good for you? rofl Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sounds like you had a fun time in the sticks, got any pics of your trip?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
nopics

mangus580

Re: RE: My First Time

sak00 said:
Glad you had a great time. We go to Richloam quite a bit also. It is very wet when we get rain. It is part of the Green Swamp. Here's some pics of our trips.

What? No fire???

sak00

Re: RE: My First Time

mangus580 said:
sak00 said:
Glad you had a great time. We go to Richloam quite a bit also. It is very wet when we get rain. It is part of the Green Swamp. Here's some pics of our trips.

What? No fire???
rofl

No, The Florida Rally was the first (and hopefully last) time I had that happen. I still can't believe that happened. What a story though!

madsam

Grate story. Next time get pics. We won't discuss what a grate time the frog had.

Now you need to get your own MV.

MouseGirl

I had a lot of fun. I hope to have my own MV eventually, I don't expect it to be soon though. I'm sorry if anything I said or say was offensive in any way, I don't mean it to be.

I had a lot of fun and I cant wait for the Florida Rally!

madsam

Hay, don't worry. We are not offended. I don't think you can offend us. We also don't want to offend either. We are just all having fun here.

My wife had never been off the road before she met me. She never knew that you could take a car on a dirt road, much less off the road. Now she has her own Jeep, and we live off the road. I guess I am just a bad Influence.

MouseGirl

madsam said:
Hay, don't worry. We are not offended. I don't think you can offend us. We also don't want to offend either. We are just all having fun here.

My wife had never been off the road before she met me. She never knew that you could take a car on a dirt road, much less off the road. Now she has her own Jeep, and we live off the road. I guess I am just a bad Influence.
Sounds alot like me. I almost want to make a forum or something for the wives.. just so they all have a place to chat about being with all you guys.. you know, the ones who dont like the MVs can vent, the ones who love them can show support.. just a meet place for the girls attached to the guys.

MouseGirl

We're gonna try and get some of the pictures the gray jeep with us took. He had a six year old son riding with him, and as you can guess a thousand pictures didn't last long. The kid got some cool shots though..

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Warning I took our first born out all the time in my 1949 CJ2A up near Fort Devens when it was still a Regular Army post and he got hooked on Jeeps ever since.

Nice shots looks kinda like the New Jersey Pine Barrens

madsam

MouseGirl said:
We're gonna try and get some of the pictures the gray jeep with us took. He had a six year old son riding with him, and as you can guess a thousand pictures didn't last long. The kid got some cool shots though..
That would be a good idea. How do we get a new one in General called "Significant Others" in the General area? I know my wife would have something to say... :roll:

n1bnc

Mog swimming

This was a nice pic taken after we had the truck on the road a few months!

This was (at the time) my gf's first offroad ride.

Now my wife likes the truck and has driven it with a smile that went completely around the head!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks