• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my first time

Welder Sam

Saturday, i will be going to Oklahoma to do my first serious deuce shopping. Ive found a usaf a2c. Yall wish me luck and feel free to offer advice.

Thanks

Welder Sam

Yeah. I know what u mean. Not exactly cheap and so far, seems worth the price.

Gl is cheap and sometimes ya get lucky but, thats not for me. Not yet anyway.

Last edited:

BadMastard

Good Luck Welder Sam!

There are a half dozen posts about what you can take (parts lists, pickup lists, etc). Mostly patience, a credit card and a backup plan for if you can't drive it.

My favorite recommend? Gallon of lucas additive. Can sub in a pinch for engine oil, gear oil, transmission fluid and occasionally brake fluid, but that's touchy- can't use it with any silicon brake fluid. Oh, and a video capable phone. There are sure to be memorable moments.

x-ray

It may cost more to make a cheap truck nice than it costs to buy it nice. Cheap does not always mean value.....some cheap advice.:-D
This is quite true. I paid more for my first two deuces as they were runners and needed very little. I later got a bargain deuce for parts, but it actually started when batts were added and ran well and I ended up spending about the same getting all the" little" things for it to get it road worthy.

I think you can do well for about $2K- $3K going the GL route for a decent truck.

Welder Sam

This truck is in the hands of a private seller and will cost a pretty penny but i dont do gl so i will pay thru the teeth. Right now, im "shopping". In a month or so, ill be buying.

Thank yall for ur support:beer:

bones1

USAF A2C is a good find depending on year it might have the coveted dual brake circuit setup. If it does.......... well.....................let me know if there is more than one.

Welder Sam

As far as i know, its an 87-88. Id nearly put money on the dual brakes. Pics are a definate but if theres more than one, ill be looking hard at aquiring 2 if all is in good shape. :mrgreen:

Soon ill be looking for 105 & 200 trailers. I may consider gl for those.

Last edited:

Welder Sam

If there turns out to be more than 2, ill put it here asap. I want 2 trucks minimum, at least one will end up as a crewcab. I want a regular cab 12' bed too. My goal is to keep them as similar as i can(parts commonality) so if i find more, ill get more hahaha.

Still eyeballin a 543a2 also.

Im just waiting to get paid so i can start! The contract is signed on 200 of my 361 acres.

Welder Sam

The directions say to take I40W to exit 200. Ima bit shy on specifics until i know whats there. I will be leaving my place at 0500 with an eta of 1030-1100. Ill know more then.

Sounds like my wife wants to go on into okc to a firearms museum. This could get interesting

JxxxOxxxE

The directions say to take I40W to exit 200. Ima bit shy on specifics until i know whats there. I will be leaving my place at 0500 with an eta of 1030-1100. Ill know more then.

Sounds like my wife wants to go on into okc to a firearms museum. This could get interesting

Exit 200 is about 30 miles from me....Is it one you found on Craigslist or something?

Welder Sam

Ok.

First:
no pics. Got hot and was fast paced.

Second:
drove a usaf A2c, an A2w/w, and a 109 frm ft smith gl.
The A2c- :drool:
The A2w/w-:mrgreen:
The 109-:-D
Prices :mrgreen:

Third:
now sitting in mcdonalds right by tinker afb gate.:beer:

Fourth:
My wife drove the 109 and said "Whats the big deal about no power steering? All those guys complain about it bit I didnt have any trouble steering it! Not even in tight slow turns!"

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks