my flu419 will not move in any gear

Bmchoug

HI Speedbrakes, I just bought my 419 and wanted to see if you ever figured out your problem? I have driven mine about 3 miles total and when I started from a stop sign, I went through first gear and when I shifted, it would not pull in any gear. I had to go to lo/lo and it started?

Speedwoble

Neither of you are giving a lot of detail. Does the shifter feel like it is getting into detents? Does it stall when you let out on the clutch, or does the motor spin as if there is no load? Can you engage the PTO and use the backhoe(if so, the clutch is working). There have been cases where the high/low air splitter on the 1-4 shifter got stuck between high and low and the truck would not move. You need to give more detail about what is and is not working. “Will not pull” means different things to different people. And buy a set of cab tilt brackets. They are great repellent so you won’t have to tilt the cab.

f800

A year and a half later, still pulling/pushing my 419 around the property to use the backhoe. Pushed clutch in one day with a load of dirt and hasn't moved on its own since. Thought it might be the air shift solenoid, but have to tilt cab for that. Recently read that someone replaced a blown fuse and it fixed their problem. I may inspect them this weekend

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No reason to rush these things, right? Jeez, I thought I could procrastinate with the best of them, but you have me beat. Badly.
Besides, why tilt the cab to check the air shift stuff? (I'm also lazy, so I tend to do things the easiest way, as long as the result is still the right way).

f800

I read (long time ago) that i had to tilt the cab to access the air shift soleniod, but pat356jones wrote that his mechanic was able to without tilting or cutting hole in floor. I may have to revisit this with this new inspiration

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a few things where I've read "You must do this or that". For the most part, so far I've successfully just done it, without doing "this or that" first.
Not sure the air cylinder is one of them, since I've never worked on one, but it does sound doable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks