• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My gauges make me rich

scranch18121

I am posting this as I am walking outside to take out the speedo and tach from my truck. I am gonna SELL those! They are worth 200 bucks!

Speedometer Tachometer Clock Gauge Repair Restoration

This gauge set goes well with the $100.000 Deuce from eBay!

I think someone at Bobs Speedometer must have done an oops/ typo. I'm sure they ment to post it for 100.00 vs 1000.00. If not .... he must hang out with (insert crazy person of your choice here) daily and it's rubbing off.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think someone at Bobs Speedometer must have done an oops/ typo. I'm sure they ment to post it for 100.00 vs 1000.00. If not .... he must hang out with (insert crazy person of your choice here) daily and it's rubbing off.
....no typo/mistake, unless the price for the core returns ($100 -each-less) is a mistake, also!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's pretty high.

Last instrument cluster I had done was for a '69 Road Runner. It was a little less than a grand and it was a messed up cluster-needed a new speedo head, printed circuit board and bunch of other stuff. All gauges stripped to bare metal, repainted and re-stenciled, calibrated, lens was polished and repainted, all the chrome was redone (chrome plated plastic). Ammeter, speedo, fuel level and water temp. No tach, clock or oil pressure.

I was told had it been in more average shape, it would have been more like $6-700.

Meaning this guy is hoping to catch a very gullible buyer.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess he doesn't know you can buy NOS ones all day long for $59 ea. He does do good work though, look at his restorations page for before/after photos.

DieselBob

This is getting ridiculous. First I have to worry about some low life stealing my diesel fuel because it is $4.00+ a gallon. Copper is sky high so I can't leave my shore power cord for my trailer hooked up because some bottom dweller will steel that. Now I have to worry that someone want's my $1000.00 gauges.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
unfortunately, there are people who are stupid. what else would you call it?
only a few years ago you could buy the complete dash panel with all gauges for $110

tom