• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My heart is broken

kennys@wi.rr.com

In my life I have loved and lost and had my heart boken more times than I care to remember, but today beats them all. Just a few minutes ago the love of my life started up and let one last cry out for me go and then drove down the road to her new home in Ottawa, IL. I'm so glad I didn't have a whistler on it or I would have had to listen to her cry even longer. I know maybe I am being a little over dramatic here, but it was my first. I really loved my truck.

Now it's time to look for the next project. The only reason I sold her was so I could move up to the 5 ton world. Now do I have to worry about the next truck simply being a rebound truck?

I know the new owner will treat her well and he is now a member of SS and a fellow green iron addict. I wish him all the best with my, I mean his, truck. If anyone has a good 5 ton or knows of where to find one please let me know. The addiction is stong in me and I am already looking for the next score.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm leaning towards a 927.
If you lean far enough south you can buy a jam up one.

I bought her with the intention of working her like a rented mule but she is too dam pretty.

She has been the center of attention at three shows and will be on display at the MVPA convention in Huntsville, AL next week.

See the details in the classifieds.

Attachments

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my life I have loved and lost and had my heart boken more times than I care to remember, but today beats them all. Just a few minutes ago the love of my life started up and let one last cry out for me go and then drove down the road to her new home in Ottawa, IL. I'm so glad I didn't have a whistler on it or I would have had to listen to her cry even longer. I know maybe I am being a little over dramatic here, but it was my first. I really loved my truck.

Now it's time to look for the next project. The only reason I sold her was so I could move up to the 5 ton world. Now do I have to worry about the next truck simply being a rebound truck?

I know the new owner will treat her well and he is now a member of SS and a fellow green iron addict. I wish him all the best with my, I mean his, truck. If anyone has a good 5 ton or knows of where to find one please let me know. The addiction is stong in me and I am already looking for the next score.
It could be worse. I've seen a lot of guys' love of their lives drive off down the road.... with their new boyfriend, and half of their stuff.

You'll find a new love soon.

kennys@wi.rr.com

WM, I saw yours in the classifieds and she isa bute. But for those who know me well I am too broke/cheap to afford yours and I would prefer one that needs a little TLC to make her my own creation. Yours is just too darn nice to do what I have planned for it. But I may need your assistance to grab one for me if what I am seeing can find it's way into my hands, wink wink nudge nudge.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So sorry for our loss. I cannot begin to imagine how you feel.

I know it may be a little early but there is a 5 ton (M925??) on GSA north of Madison right now.

Any port in a storm buddy! :beer:

Bill W

I feel your pain Kennys
I still miss my M-37 and i sold that almost 10 years ago :?

Last edited:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Well it's a new week and a new round of auctions. I shall sit back and see what may come my way an what looks good. I have my eye on a few, but I want to take a moment and soak them all in. No rebounds for me.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I feel your pain, but brighter days lie ahead. I have only limited experience with my M923 so far, but it seems to be the truck that I always wished my deuces were. I think you'll love your next truck even more than the one that just left the nest.

undysworld

Wow! Sorry to hear of your loss. But not to have you feeling too badly for too long, I noticed there's a 5-ton in Middleton on Craigslist. I'll pm the link, since they're funny about that here on SS.

katz4

I know of 3, 5 tons in North Central Pa. One was a fire/brush truck, the other 2 are cargo, plus 2, 5 ton dumps. The cargos have Mack engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks