• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Iltis

PWM

Superdave, cool vehicles I think one would look good in the back of my deuce. It looks like you have enough vehicles for your own army. I also like the bed on the back of the Dodge in the top picture, I wouldn’t mind a couple of pictures of that.

Pete

Superdave

I guess it is like anything I caught the olive drab bug. I picked up around 40 of the iltis for salvage and will be able to make about 10 runners out of the bunch. As for the dodge truck deck, it is set up with a hydraulic winch in the back with 1200 feet of rope as we used it for erecting communication towers.

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those look lie lots of fun! Can you say about them? what engine, trans, 4x4 axles, other thingies?

Bill W

Very nice
I've wanted one of those since I saw Dave petrillos, ( wee bee webbing), to bad that they are to new to get into the U.S.,and ( properly) titled.

Superdave

These are Bombardier iltis. When Canada was looking to replace there old fleet of M38a1s and M151a2s the German iltis was there choice but had to have that Canadian content thing which cost the tax payers almost double of what we could have bought them for direct from Germany. Canada got the rights to assemble them here and bombardier got the contract to assemble them. They are a VW product assembled in Canada. They use a 1.7 L rabbit motor, a Audi Quarto trans axle and various other VW parts that were from vehicles all ready manufactured. Overall they are a great little get around MV as they will do a top speed of around 130 KPH ( approx 75 MPH ) and they have the modern bits like turn signals,heater,washer bottle.It will be another 2-4 years before you will be seeing them down south as I believe that they have to be 25 years old to import into the US.

citizensoldier

Yep.. Like them little jeeper/truck things. I have a couple of the M101CDN trailers made to to pull behind them. There are a few here in the states but yes very hard to get accross the boarder. The story here in Michigan is to tittle them as a ORV, or list them as ORV's at the boarder. This is fine but once here it is hard to get a road worthy tittle for them.. Red tape crap.. and money..If anyone has the connections to go get some and bring em back I would be interested in one. From what I have been told they are good little off roaders..Just wont hold up to a RPG very well..

Katch1

yes BUT rabbit diesels are getting harder to come by every day, they havn't made them for a long time. I know where three running motors are, and you might be able to buy one, maybe, depending on the guys mood that day. Most people that bought them drove them into the ground, and the people that still have them want to keep them from what I have noticed.

Superdave

They are a great little MV that is fun to drive. They even have a lever operated rear differential locker. Here are a couple of pictures of one that I restored and also traded for the restored M135 that I got about 4 weeks ago.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Very nice work.. I would love to have one of them in my fleet pulling my Canadian MP trailer. Have you had any exsperiance getting them into the US? You could sell the heck out of them here if you did them up like the one in the pictures. My wife would love one..
You wouldnt happen to know if those rims are the same as a Pinz would ya?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks