• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Little Deuce Coupe!

Pawnshop

That was a few months ago. Over the weekend, I decided to put numbers on the A2 so I could legally drive it. (I need a picture with the numbers on the bumper to register it as a Texas former military vehicle.)
Not in Travis county! I went to register my M35 with photos in hand of the door number, which is INSIDE the truck. They did not need to see the photos and when asked if the number needed to be outside anywhere I was told it did not. The law states that you can use original markings to preserve the originality of the MV and since that is where the Army put them that is OK. That was from the lips of the supervisor on duty who was making sure the clerk did everything right, of course she will not be with me by the side of the road if I ever need to explain it to a LEO..... I will put it on the outside, IF it ever becomes an issue.

Barrman

Pawnshop,
I am not on my home computer so I can't back this up with the proper link. However, the application for a Texas title as a former military vehicle has a spot on the back for a picture of the vehicle with "readable" markings on it. Unless you want to put metal plates on it that is.

I have found that dealing wth the same people in the same small office in my county to register my different vehicle has produced different procedures each time I have done it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks