• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My LMTV went to work the other day...

expeditionnw

Thought you guys might enjoy some photos of my 1078 getting used.

Hauled 10k lbs of firewood out of 3' of soft snow... Gotta love CTIS!

The truck handles 10k grand in the bed beautifully. did 50 miles at hwy speed, truck settled in and made it happen. Scale weight was 27k with three adults and an evenly distributed load, with both axles nearly perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

Very happy with my truck!

083BD89C-64C1-4190-9A59-25CEDEA365C0_zps8u5ajywa.jpg3F144A57-55BB-4D2D-BBC3-373B48A1B57E_zpsgfvnnmgm.jpg6BA8DFEF-582D-4779-BD41-BD752B4604B2_zpssihtovpz.jpg

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I complain about the work involved with piling tree trimmings onto my 5x8 trailer which is 1 foot off the ground.

TrailLifeBill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw the thread title, and thought "Some dude drove his truck to the office." Wow, some office you've got there!! Nice pics - THAT's how to take a truck to work!!

expeditionnw

Any pics of you driving through 3' of snow? love seeing adventure pics.
For some reason my photographer didnt want to get out and sink in to her waist, though I did ask! :)

Long way up to be hefting those rounds. Just be glad it was red fir and not oak :)
Wasnt too bad, the wood doesnt have much moisture content in the winter.

Very nice!

Digging the modern tarp you got too.
Thanks! I didnt realize my tarp was different than others!

expeditionnw

Well, Gringeltaube the moderator has threatened to ban me for using PDX as my location, instead of PORTLAND OREGON.

My deepest apologies for all the good folks I have hurt and offended! I will change my ways immediately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks