• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My lower ball joints are different!

Hmmwv Brit

Hi all!

I'm replacing a lower ball joint on my M1025A2 and the one thats come is different to any parts I've found on the web. It has a double thickness plate. Anyone know if this is a heavy duty upgrade or similar? It has no part number on it. The holes are larger like the newer ball joints.

Attachments

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all!

I'm replacing a lower ball joint on my M1025A2 and the one thats come is different to any parts I've found on the web. It has a double thickness plate. Anyone know if this is a heavy duty upgrade or similar? It has no part number on it. The holes are larger like the newer ball joints.
Where is it that you ordered it from?

Hmmwv Brit

Thanks for the replies. There is no part number in that location, it's a lower ball joint. I think it must be an uprated ball joint. This HMMWV was a GMV, probably something to do with it. The joint itself was fine, I just swapped the gator of the new joint and reinstalled it.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the replies. There is no part number in that location, it's a lower ball joint. I think it must be an uprated ball joint. This HMMWV was a GMV, probably something to do with it. The joint itself was fine, I just swapped the gator of the new joint and reinstalled it.
A0/A1 lower ball joints are 3/8 mounting holes, A2 on up are all 7/16 mounting holes.
if your truck is an A2, it should be 7/16 Moog problem solver BJ’s

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks