• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my m 1008

jsd563

my 87 m1008 cucv..... I bought it thru goverment liquidation .... it was listed as an 86 lucky me paid $1900 it runs good but now needs a radiator and an alt.

Attachments

chevyCUCV

That looks pretty nice for 1900, Did it come painted like that?
Remember the TM's are all knowing

I am shopping for a radiator also can you post up what you find/get?

jsd563

I painted it myself its MACK green it matches my fleet of garbage trucks this is my work truck that i drive around and have a plow for it I replaced the drivers side rocker panel and both fenders and put a tommy gate lift gate ... I love it

K9Vic

I like it and I see a Tommy lift on the back as well. Looking at it you would not really know it is a CUCV, but it is. For $1900 that is a great price compared to some of the crazy prices I have seen for no-running part missing at GL lately.

jsd563

yeah the prices are nuts now when i was bidding there were like 15 or 20 in maryland this was one of the last but it was right after christmas so i guess no money was around ..... plus i just seen a four wheel drive mag telling the world about GL saying the best trucks for the buck but expect to pay $6500... nice everyone will drive these things up now

jsd563

inside i left the orig paint including the stencel NO SMOKING on the dash ... funny thing is i found 3 empty packs of marlboro and plenty of matches in the ash tray

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am shopping for a radiator also can you post up what you find/get?
Have you checked out the hundreds of posts here with the various brands of radiator available?

NAPA, Ready Rad, Murray, etc?

O.P. - Great looking truck.

chevyCUCV

Yes i read SS all the time for fun.
I like to hear what people buy and how much they pay to get an idea for whats out there.
He might of been looking in junkyards or found a NOS source, who knows?

Op do you have pics of the liftgate?

inside i left the orig paint including the stencel NO SMOKING on the dash ... funny thing is i found 3 empty packs of marlboro and plenty of matches in the ash tray
I guess you've never been in the military then. Bored 88Mikes when they're swinging the lead smoke like chimneys in their trucks. The trick is to get all the evidence out of the truck before you turn it in at the motor pool at quitting time. rofl

camerodad

I have a 86 M1008, and I ordered a Radiator thru Advance Auto Parts, Ready-Rad Radiator Part No. 432098 , Perfect Fit, Tranny lines, Oil cooler lines, and hoses matched right up. Paid around 300.00 dollars. Been about a year, had no leaks whatsever.