• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1 Abrams/Chieftain Mk5 is home!

DoctorCheney223

We finally got delivery of our Chieftain Mk5 that was modified (along with two others) for use in the movie Courage Under Fire. It was delivered on Tuesday afternoon has been a head-turner since arriving at the property. Other than it being stuck in first gear, this tank is a dream to drive! I took a five-minute course on what to do and away I went.

10155797_626513787428558_2095409000_n.jpg

Also, here is a video of us driving it off the trailer and to it's present resting spot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-MwR9brIpI&feature=share&list=UUYvo3MzbE3Es_5mRW2vmPaw

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's nice man. Sounds like it could use some serious grease. Pretty friggen cool though.

B3.3T

Never grease the track. It draws in too much grit and will lead to serious wear in no time. Looks like they could use some tightening, however. Looks and sounds great. I drove a IDF one years ago. They loved them. Probably the most reliable Brit MBT ever built. Congrats.

wideload

Never grease the track. It draws in too much grit and will lead to serious wear in no time. Looks like they could use some tightening, however. Looks and sounds great. I drove a IDF one years ago. They loved them. Probably the most reliable Brit MBT ever built. Congrats.
Far from reliable, until the Mk13a engine was achieved they were horrendous, pack changes were required regularly. Challenger 1 and 2 are far more reliable.

63foxtrot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Far from reliable, until the Mk13a engine was achieved they were horrendous, pack changes were required regularly. Challenger 1 and 2 are far more reliable.
We have been blessed with 3 of them. Always started, ran good. Sure there were some tensed moments on the set, keep your fingers crossed hope they make it through the day type of stuff. I have made a good living with those tanks, people fly in from all the world to film them. Now Ron gets to make more money with 1. VIVA Las Vegas.

BiffJ

Going by the video it appears the driver learned quick about reversed steering when going backwards....don't forget neutral steer either. That can create some big messes in tight spots. I learned about that backing off the trailer though no damage resulted. **** limeys and their funky gearboxes. Neat tanks and great sound.

Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks