• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009, and wanting to know its past...

I bought my current M1009 6 months ago after selling my m1028. (still wish I had that truck) the 09 has been great to me so far, a few issues here and there but all enjoyable. I need to replace the dampner and dig into the fuel system to figure out my warm start woes.

Before leaving VT evildrporkchop was looking at my truck and commented on the van seats in it and that a member on here had at one time posted something about van seats. This led me to find and get in touch with cucvrus to ask him if he indeed had my truck at one point. I send him a few pictures of it and he was able to confirm, maybe it was the two passenger van seats that gave it away? or most likely the rubberized lining on the floor.

Needless to say I want to invite him to post up any pictures of it when he had it, and the work that he did on it. Ide be interested in knowing what it looked like before you got your hands on it and any history you know cucvrus.

cucvrus

Well that is a long story on that M1009. That was named Mean Green when I done the rebuild. That was rebuilt during 2102-2013. I do know it was driven in all sorts of winter weather after I rebuilt it. the man that I rebuilt it for was a wealthy man. He had lots of additions to the build. I had the entire front end and the doors off of it. It did not have any rust thru except in the seal jams at the floor under the sill plates. I remember it also may have had a bad spot on the passengers side front floor. Under the built in rust cave that GM added to the floor. I also had it completely Line Xed. No cheap generic brush on. I used to Line X every one I rebuilt. it has been great in preventing further corrosion to date. Some I have for 10 + years and use hard. I will post pictures of it when I bought it. I did have the transmission and transfer case overhauled. The starter and alternators were gone over. it had new 6 TL batteries because that is what I had at the time. I use group 31 now. The seat pedestals are from a Chevrolet Astro van. The m1009 seat pedestals sat to high for the new van seat. I did not drill holes in the floor. I used the existing holes and flat bar with elevator studs to mount the seat pedestals. I also bought the sliding side glass for the cargo area. About $500. at the time. The rear black matrix tinted glass was shattered by the owner and I replaced it with clear glass. the tailgate is also completely rebuilt. it had the normal rust in the center. I used a piece of 1/8" aluminum if I remember correctly. It is adhered with the same glue the blues brother used. Strong stuff. I will post more pictures later. All the sheet metal is the original with the exception of the front fender aprons. I also fixed all the rust on the seal channels at the floor with 16 gauge galvaneal cut, bend and fitted. I attached it with glue and monobolts (rivets) It should last a while. Pictures later. Thank you for posting.

Awesome! cant wait to see them.
Truck is holding up good, I got the truck from Goshen Indiana. Door corners has a little rust that I too care of by welding in a small patch and painting. the Line X is great from what I can tell, no rust issue for me at all now. Im replacing the harmonic balancer this weekend. It will need a new exhaust system put in it here soon, got a few leaks. Ive been thinking about putting a 6.5 turbo in it as I have a local supplier with tons of 6.5 parts around. Still trying to figure out what all I need for that though.

There he is! I was wondering where the cream colored paint had come from when I repainted it with Rapco 383 a month ago. So it was at one point a police truck. Neat! do you have any idea how many miles were on the odometer when you had it in your possession? I just rolled 90K...

cucvrus

I think low 50's. Does it still have all 5 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires on it? What is the tread like? That truck was used gently by the man I built it for. Like I mentioned. He came over weekly and gave me detailed instructions on how he wanted things done. He always had a hand full of cash and paid me for every hour I worked on it. His Son on the other hand ended up with the truck and that was the done fall. They packed up and moved to Indiana. I had 2 of them identical and sold one to a movie company. He easily spent $8K getting that truck how he wanted it.CUCV Lock out 003.jpgCUCV Lock out 005.jpgCUCV Lock out 002.jpgCUCV Lock out 001.jpgimagejpeg_0.jpgA few pictures. The twin on the trailer went to Hollywood.

Yessir! Still has the Silent armors on it. The spare in the back still has nubbies on it too. They probably have about a 1/4" tread left on them. Have worn very evenly. I am driving the truck on a hunting trip to Montana from Ohio this September so I have some brand new rubber in the barn that will go on before I go.
Did my trucks twin get blown up?! :recovry4x4:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks