• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1009 build

galeo7171

A couple of months back I bid on and won a 1985 m1009. I found it on govdeals and I paid a whopping total of $582. I brought it home, installed two new batteries, a starter, new glow plugs and controller, and she fired right up. I have since added new tires and have completely replaced the whole fuel system. When it warms up, I'll be painting all green using rapco 383. I just installed a new softopper soft top and have just started installing a 2" suspension lift with all new springs. Here is a couple of pictures from the auction before I started everything. The last picture is one of my 1986 m1009 that I painted myself.

Attachments

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every time is see one of these with new paint it makes me want to repaint mine. Then I'll need to fix that broken dash pad, then the interior paint won't look so good, then.....

I really want to do mine in desert tan, since I was flying over there during the Gulf War.

I thought you had a lightbar on the truck until I opened the picture.

Dawn.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks