• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1009 project just about complete

edgebar

all new weather stripping, felt etc.
new tail gate supports
new tailgate glass runners
new tailgate crank and parts
reupholstered seats
new dash
painted door panels
rhino lined inside floor and walls
spray sound deadening on cab roof
repaint inside roof and entire inside of truck
added gun rack up front
new sun visors
4" lift using new springs
new foam cell shocks
new seatbelts

new 35x12.5 KM2's on order
new free flow mufflers next week.
repositioned drivers seat about 5" farther back

just installed smittybuilt molle seat covers

new glow plugs, new alt#2
changed out all fluids

man it feels like a new truck, got my inspiratioin from some of the posts here.

Attachments

edgebar

i used hippo liner ( the tintable one ) then had Car Quest mix up some tint, it is shiny but that is the liner itself, eventually it will dull

Greasy

i used hippo liner ( the tintable one ) then had Car Quest mix up some tint, it is shiny but that is the liner itself, eventually it will dull

Great!
I'm going to do the floor in my Dodge soon.There are several Carquests around here. Don't mind black, but the green looks AWSOME!

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curious on where you got the weatherseals (and if they were cheap compared to GM OEMs ones) and the daskboard?

Looking great and those seats look "comfy"...!

edgebar

Ok, it is a tuff country lift not rough country...sorry.
The rifle rack set up is from a member on SS, for a HMMWV. Works very well for shorter rifles, not my long hunting rifles. I just used the radio plate on the dash to secure the clips. I will say that this may pose a problem if I have a severe collision.
I got all the seals, window cranks, felt, guides etc from LMC. The dash is from dashes direct.
All the LMC stuff was not cheap, but they had everything I needed, so I just ordered it all frm them.
The dash is nice, needed some trimming for proper fit, nothing major. I used SEM pair for vinyl doors and dash. I went with the tan color to brighten it up in there and keep the heat down some.
Had a local guy do the upholstery, he used a recycled leather, so far it is great.
The liner and the spray on the ceiling did a good job of noise reduction.
Thanks for the compliments.

edgebar

Ok, it is a tuff country lift not rough country...sorry.
The rifle rack set up is from a member on SS, for a HMMWV. Works very well for shorter rifles, not my long hunting rifles. I just used the radio plate on the dash to secure the clips. I will say that this may pose a problem if I have a severe collision.
I got all the seals, window cranks, felt, guides etc from LMC. The dash is from dashes direct.
All the LMC stuff was not cheap, but they had everything I needed, so I just ordered it all frm them.
The dash is nice, needed some trimming for proper fit, nothing major. I used SEM pair for vinyl doors and dash. I went with the tan color to brighten it up in there and keep the heat down some.
Had a local guy do the upholstery, he used a recycled leather, so far it is great.
The liner and the spray on the ceiling did a good job of noise reduction.
Thanks for the compliments.

topgun217

If you don't mind, see if your fabric guy is willing to make front seat covers. I can't find anyone willing to take on the task for me. Your seats look great. I like the tan,green, and black colors on the inside as well.....never seen that before [thumbzup]

edgebar

for those that wanted an out side pic...here ya go.

here are pics of the outside of vehicle, with original tires and wheels. I bought a 1.75" wheel spacer to bring the rear wheels farther out to be even with the fronts, I always hated how that looked from behind, the rear tires tucked in the wheel well and the fronts farther out.

I went with Tuff Country
front is # 18271, 2" HD spring
rear is # 19370 3" 52" long spring.
I wanted higher in back so when I am loaded or towing I am closer to level than nose high.
I just got the unit back on the road, so I have not put if through its paces yet or gone off road. but so far it is well mannered, not jarring, and somewhat bouncy rather than hard and abrupt. I am happy so far.
my 35" BFG Km2's should be on next week.
I had them put a 2" block on rear as well, because the rear was still not higher than front. that was too much, so we are going to a 1" tapered block, which I hope is fine…tired of screwing with it.
the new foam and upholstery helped more with the comfort than anything.
the shocks are foam cell shocks from les schwab, had a new steering dampener put on as well. oh, I had them put on longer brake lines up front, the originals looked a bit short after the lift and I did not want one popping off. you can see one, stainless steel braided in one pic.

Attachments