• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my M1009 wont Start

hensley15

You did well if you loosened the nut on the nozzle. the drivers side is easier to get to but be that as it may. You need to leave the red/pink wire hooked up to the pump and crank it for a few seconds. You should see visible signs of fuel spewed from the connection. Not just a damp spot a visible fluid sign. If not you are in need of an injection pump. Hard to be 100% sure since you seem new to this. But that is my guess from afar.
Thanks for your Help looks like im gonna Replace the pump , I found a company on Ebay that will rebuild it for $275 or i found a used one for $200 , What are you gonna replace your with oem or a Aftermarket one ?

cucvrus

I think NOT. But I don't know for sure. I just had mine rebuilt for $275. picked up at my door and returned. Not worth changing a used pump. Do as you wish. I would not go thru the problem. You already have a used pump on the engine that has failed. Do the job once and do it right the first time. But its not my truck so do as you wish. Just trying to give you sound advise. Good Luck.

hensley15

I think NOT. But I don't know for sure. I just had mine rebuilt for $275. picked up at my door and returned. Not worth changing a used pump. Do as you wish. I would not go thru the problem. You already have a used pump on the engine that has failed. Do the job once and do it right the first time. But its not my truck so do as you wish. Just trying to give you sound advise. Good Luck.
where did you have your Rebuilt ?

cucvrus

Diesel Care Memphis TN. I know someone will tell you they don't do a good job. But IMHO they do just fine. I have put no less than 10 on CUCV's thus far and have had no issues. I keep them as they are and do NOT go jacking around the adjustments. I put them on line to line on the timing and it works great. And of the 10 or more I put on I never have worked on the same truck again for the same problem. I put a brand new one on Crown of Thorns M1009 in April 2015 and it died last week. When I was given the new one it did have an expiration date on it. But the military expires million year old motor oil in few years. Same as grease I have grease from 1971 in cans expired and throw out.