• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 won't start

harryhr

This what happened to me in the past. Engine would crank and start and I would be able to drive and shut down. Did a couple times a day when going to an event. Seems like as long as the engine was still warm, no problem starting. Once it sat for the night, it won't start next day. It did this every so often. The solenoid you are talking about is the one on the fire wire that controls the glow plugs. I am I correct?

harryhr

This what happened to me in the past. Engine would crank and start and I would be able to drive and shut down. Did a couple times a day when going to an event. Seems like as long as the engine was still warm, no problem starting. Once it sat for the night, it won't start next day. It did this every so often. The solenoid you are talking about is the one on the fire wire that controls the glow plugs. I am I correct?
Never mind, you are talking about the fuel solenoid which the pink wire goes to. Easy to replace? Now that it's getting colder out, I look forward to get under the hood.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never mind, you are talking about the fuel solenoid which the pink wire goes to. Easy to replace? Now that it's getting colder out, I look forward to get under the hood.
Bear in mind I'm not convinced it's the solenoid, but yes, it's easy to replace. Pull the screws for the cover and it should be easy enough from there to figure it out. Mine had anti-tamper torx heads on the cover, some do not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks