• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009

acthomp781

What does that 4 mean? I have a 4 on my right fender as well. The best I can tell my M1009 came from a National Guard unit in Indiana. The bumper number/marking is "38 38 MSB". I think the MSB may stand for Medical Support Battalion". Thanks.

WECSOG

Absolutely wonderful job on this M1009. I think you need some good bumper numbers to go with it and a radio set up.

N0w f0r the negat1ve....there a1n't n0 O in NFOKMO. 1t 1s a 0 (zer0). The m1l1tary d0esn't use I and O 1n ser1al numbers and reg1strat10n numbers.

Regarding the radio set up. If I were to want a radio for it what am I looking for in the way of cost. Probably a non working unit just to look correct?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mat looks great but will trap moisture and eventually rust.
Hopefully you applied a rust preventative before install.

WECSOG

The mat looks great but will trap moisture and eventually rust.
Hopefully you applied a rust preventative before install.
I did remediation on the small amount of rust on the floor. I also found a few cracks in the floor by the seat mount bolts. I welded them up. Used rust kill and repainted the entire floor and interior before installing the rubber mat.

I didn't use the jute padding under the rubber floor as that is what really retains any water.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks