My M101 trailer “repair”

Lonesome715

Active member
2,664
24
38
Location
Columbus, GA
When I got this trailer it was thoroughly trashed. It was so bad I thought about just scrapping the whole thing. To start off with it only had one hub. I tracked down a hub and put some good tires on it and replaced all the bearings and seals. But, it still was not road worthy. The brakes were gone and the mechanism on the tongue that engages the brakes was scrap. The internals were rusted out and broken beyond repair. So, I just parked it in the corner of the yard and tossed my scrap in it. I finally drug it up front and started working on it recently. Pictured below is what I have accomplished so far.








 

harleyhouse

Well-known member
1,255
25
48
Location
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
Simple tongue coupler fix.

Unbolt the surge system and wels on an adjustible channel.
Bolt it onto the tongue rails and you are back in business.

You can use a lunette or ball mount.
 

Attachments

Lonesome715

Active member
2,664
24
38
Location
Columbus, GA
Made a little headway. This is just mocked up for now so I can drill the holes I need. I will tack it into place then pull it and finish weld it.


 

Lonesome715

Active member
2,664
24
38
Location
Columbus, GA
I have not had much time to work on this trailer lately. But I did finally pull it around front so I can weld it. I have to knock the dust off my Miller first though.

 
Top
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks