• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M101A2 trailer is home from Hooks - RRAD

K9Vic

My first EUC cleared in only 40 days for a M101A2 trailer and I picked it up today from Red River Army Depot in Hooks Texas toady. I used my M1009 blazer to go get it with a aftermarket Reese Class V receiver w/pintle hitch since it cruises at 70mph compared to pickup at 50mph safely. I got in and out of the base in only about 30 minutes and the trailer was near perfect, only a broken tail light cover that I can fix. The tire were good and no play in the wheels and spun freely when off the ground. It was complete with the tarp in the bed and when I got home all the ropes were there to tie it down. Drove back nice and checked the hubs after about 10, 30 and 50 miles and no heat or problems seen. Worst part about the drive was getting back in the city of Dallas and having to deal with speeding lane changing reckless drivers.

I did not take pictures of it hooked to my M1009, I forgot to snap a few pictures on the road. I did hook it up to my M1028 as I drive my M1009 all the time and do not want to leave the trailer on that. Surprisingly the trailer is balanced well and not that heavy lifting it off the pintle hitch.

Attachments

Scarecrow1

Very nice trailer . I do love the quality of the military trailers they are second to none ...I pulled my 101A1 home for 5 hours at speeds of 65 & 70 and never had a problem Man these are so nice .......great pics ...thanks

86m1028

Wow that was quick.

Glad to hear everything went well.

I told you it was in great shape.8)

EDIT Where was it when you picked it up ?
I didnt see the broken taillight.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the A3 variant of your trailer. Its the most practical trailer in the yard for sure. Anything can tow it and I can move it all over with the golf cart. I added the factory adjustable landing gear and its just great. Prior to this I had and M101A1 and I towed it 75 MPH all the time and it always towed great. My next favorite is the M116A2 pioneer tool trailer.

K9Vic

Wow that was quick.

Glad to hear everything went well.

I told you it was in great shape.8)

EDIT Where was it when you picked it up ?
I didnt see the broken taillight.
Yup it was in great shape and the tarp was still in the bed. It was in the same place, next to the tree in the reserve lot if that is where you got yours from when you looked at it. The tail light was there but was bent in and cracked. When I went to move it it fell off on me, so I put it in my truck. Should be easy to fix, just needs to be JB welded back together to save money on a replacement. The trailer wheeled freely when the GL guy went to hook it up to my M1009. Truck got dirty as it must have rained recently, glad I had a 4X4, LOL. Interesting that he was also in a camo M1009, but with Texas plates, so it was not a base vehicle.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments, it was a good find and at first I was worried I paid too much. Now that I got it home and it is complete, I got a good deal. I will probably just leave it hooked to my M1028 all the time, but it was intended to be used with my M1009 for hauling stuff when needed. However since I got the M1028 during the EUC waiting period, I will just used that.

K9Vic

Looks good. I wish I had a adjustable landing leg too.
I think your cover is on inside out?
Yes the cover is inside out, it was very dirty with mud on this side from sitting in the trailer and put it on that way to clean it better. I did not want to have a dirt cover on the inside and this was the best way to clean it on the trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks