• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1028 Project

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice job , That is differently the way to go . The body work on the original parts would have been a killer . Did you clean up the frame while you had the body off ? looks like a very complete 1028 . good luck . bob k

MesaDuskH1

Thanks rtk. I just pressure washed the frame for now, I will take the bed back off to paint this summer. The truck only had 13,800 miles on it.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeing your truck apart brings back memories of my M1028 rebuild. My project started as a simple hood replacement but quickly spiraled out of control into a complete frame-up rebuild and restoration over a 3-year period. Let me know if I can provide any armchair assistance.

Git 'er done.

MesaDuskH1

Sharecropper I have read the thread on your build and it is very impressive. I have gotten a lot of ideas from your build. I want my truck to be stock but I would like to put a winch on it and paint it back green. That will probably be as far as I go with it. I wanted the truck to use around the house and for hunting trips with my son. Here is a picture from our first trip. He shot it, cleaned it and I cooked it for him. I would only let him kill one until I knew he would eat it. He didn't get him a deer this year but he is ready for next season.First hunt.jpg

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
!3,000 miles , that is a keeper for sure . A nice coat of "383" green would look good on your ride .