• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1078A1 and M1084A1 helping out after Harvey

scottmandu

I had the opportunity to use the beasts with the Hurricane Harvey relief effort. The Rockier Volunteer Fire Department was fearful we showed up. The M1084A1 with its Material Handling Equipment was indispensable being able to move various heavy objects to clear paths for first responder and search and rescue. The M1078A1 with its high top speed crew AC and troop seats made for a capable fuel/personnel vehicle. Communication in the area was non existent which resulted in trips from the work area to the firehouse. The region was all but obliterated by the winds and storm surge.

Lifting a huge Oak tree off a house roof in Aransas Pass
https://youtu.be/srgT97VOQ28

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please post up some photos when/if you can. We would all like to see the rigs in action. All the best and be safe out there!

scottmandu

Please post up some photos when/if you can. We would all like to see the rigs in action. All the best and be safe out there!
I intend to as soon as I get decent internet. I only have my cell phone right now no internet at shop or home and photo upload doesn't seem to work from the mobile site.

Terrh

If you do any deep fording don't forget to check all the fluids as soon as practical for contamination.

Good luck out there. Don't forget to get some sleep, either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks