• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M109a3 going 100% LED

Darwin T

Yea :jumpin:

Ok, found my loose wire, and the one on the truck. :razz: now my M109a3 is 100% LED, until i start the work in the back of the box. those lights are not working right now. one step at a time.

PS. do you have any idea how hard it is to catch flashs on a cell phone camera when they are on. :drool:

Attachments

Last edited:

Darwin T

i just went with the white ones so i could use them any where and i already had the covers like i wanted. i am putting LED head lights on one of my M35a2's saturday morning. i liked them so much. that will be all the money i spend on LED's for a while.

Darwin T

the box will be going LED also, i just have not looked that far ahead. there are 24 volt LED's and 110 Volt LED's. i have some more tricks for the outside that still need to be completed before the inside. one is the M66 ring i am working on now. one is the fording kit. and one is totally unique as far as i have seen, but, i will post pictures as i go.

Darwin T

over the cab i think it would be to tall over the box and you would not be able to see within 50' of the truck. but good question i did think about it.

srodocker

man turning out nice. your turn signals come in the housings? or did you have to gut out a housing to put them in. also can you take a pic of your flasher unit thats in the engine bay? i heard ther are 2 types.

Darwin T

thanks. i will be going by there today and i will try to remember to get a picture. i may be able to find one that looks like mine online.

Update: this is the type of control unit i have. when i bought my M109a3 i could not get the flashers to work so i changed it out and that did not work. so i installed a new full wiring harness and that solved the problem. this was the same type that was in there to begin with. i have not had any issues since the install of the LEDs except for one loose wire on the last flasher and once i found that "Life is Good"

Attachments

Last edited:

JHoot51

Banned
I bought a M109A3 and am very interested in the looks of yours!
Where did you get the winch or did it come with it?
Switching over to LED's looks like a cool idea, where do you get these parts?

JHoot51

Darwin T

i have been collecting parts for over 3 years and i am just getting time to put it together. i added the winch that i got a piece at a time, but, you can buy it as a kit. i think clint has some at his place, i can;t remember his screen name (i will try to find it). i am working on installing an M66 machine gun mount over the cab. there are a few custom changes i am planning also but that is still in the planning stages. then it's into the box for an rv conversion. there are a lot of threads on those that make great reading and ideas.

Darwin T

i am making one change to the dash. i am painting the back of the gauge panel rustolium glossy white and using a panel with an extra instrument light. the 3 in the middle will be for the gauge lights and the other 2 will be high beam and low air pressure.

i also have another upgrade planned just waiting on 2 parts. when i get through i will post then new stuff on here. it's not going to be factory but i think it will be cool.

PS i got in the lables for the new dash panel. (air, oil, battery, temp, ect.) however i sprayed the front with the rattle can bed liner i hope the new lables stick like on the panel that is in my M109a3 now.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks