• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M149 Water Buffalo. What do you do with yours?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! What a score. Not sure if you realize the williams ez adjustable hitch on there is super rare and expensive.

Some unit gave that buffalo a lot of love.

Extended chains with latch hooks also.

I see lots of data plates on there besides the main one. Could you post pics of all the smaller ones.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That water buffalo was rebuilt at the Kansas Depot and explains the mint condition.

You got a smoking deal. I looked at all the m149 that sold this year and only found one other with a williams ez hitch. It was bent and totally unsafe and not serviceable for a loaded water trailer.

I have an install DVD for the unit I don't have the swivel but I scored another product they also make which is a one handed lever to make raising the twin wheel jack easier.

Last edited:

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
probably great...lower volume, but higher pressure. Although not sure if a pressure washer would need to have some pressure behind it to feed into the machine or if it has a pumping suction that would draw it into the pressure washer pump

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
probably great...lower volume, but higher pressure. Although not sure if a pressure washer would need to have some pressure behind it to feed into the machine or if it has a pumping suction that would draw it into the pressure washer pump
A pressure washer usually doesn't need any inlet pressure; they will be able to pull some, once the system is primed. I'd recommend going to an outlet low on the tank, rather than trying to siphon water through the lid for a pressure washer. I've run pressure washers on multiple occasions from IBC totes strapped to a truck bed.

EDIT: also, you do need to prime it before running it at all, as most pressure washer pumps aren't designed to handle running dry, even for a very short period of time.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A pressure washer will work fine
I run a hose from the rear faucet to the pressure washer. I also have it so I can also use the bottom drain as a feed if needed
(It's not a commercial HD High flow pressure washer, just a standard 3.5 GPM home use one)
It works great.

I also keep mine filled in the warmer months so I have clean fresh water if ever needed.
It gets sterilized obviously before filling.

It is very handy to have and I use it a lot in the summer.
Field shower, cool drinking water to refill water bottles while working the ranch, remote concrete mixing, etc.

I love mine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks