• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my m35a2 keeps dying

dustinwynn

my truck will run fine till i get out on the road and get in 4th or 5th gear. Then it is like it runs out of diesel
and dyes. i haif to use eather to get it to restart and it runs rough for a bit and then clears up and will run good till i try to run down the road in a high gear. the truck dose fine in 1st and 2nd in short bursts but will dye if i try to run it down the road. neeed help. thanks PS have changed all three fuel filters and a new in tank pump

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assume you are sure you have power to the tank pump.

My deuce had a similar problem and it had a bunch of junk in the bottom of the tank plugging the pump screen.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved.

Have you checked the fuel line that is running under the radiator? Many times it has been crushed and restricts the fuel flow.

dustinwynn

help with my m35a2

MY 1987 white multyfuel duce will dye when i try to run it down the road in a high gear and i haif to use eather to get it to restart. it will run rough for a bit and then clear up and run good in short burst in 1 and 2nd
gear but try to get in to high it bogs down and dyes. i have changed a 3 fuel filters and the pump in the tank
and i half to eather it every time i go to start it cold or hot. any ideas will help thank you

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do NOT start more than one thread for your issue.

Jeepsinker

Get the truck to die again, then open the bleed screw on top of the final fuel filters with the master power switch still on and see if air comes out, or if straight fuel comes out. You may be sucking air.

Your hydraulic head may be going bad as well.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your FUEL FILTERS per the TMs.

You may have ALGAE in your tank and lines and filter(s) which clogs the filters at high flow rates.

The in-tank pump is a low flow rate compared to the fuel flow at higher engine RPM and therefore more sucking of the ALGAE "wafers" against the filter membrane.

From personal experience, ALGAE is NOT your friend.

Carry on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks