• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M35A2 whistler, video

socom688

So here's a bit on my deuce. It's an AM General M35A2. Exact details are unknown and it seems to be a Frankendeuce. Data plates say 1971 WO/W but it has an older style winch on it with no data plate of it's installation, it has the older style headlight housing that are reversed so the headlights would clear the winch, something a 71' wouldn't have (headlight housings are the ones with an electric horn cutout). The data plate containing the transmission info is from the old style trans where 4th and 5th gear are where they are in The standard config. It also has a Continental LD-465 that has been upgraded to a LDT-465 by the Army so yeah... It's an odd truck but I love it! I've had it since the beginning of this year.

Work so far: added troop seats, added mud flaps, deleted the muffler and returned exhaust to stock straight pipe, added heat shield, and swapped the D turbo for a C.

Work to do soon: fix the rust!, replace troop seat wood, fix broken gauges

Here's a video where you can really here the C turbo.

The truck wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for Rayzer so big shout out to him!

Hope y'all enjoy.

http://youtu.be/oZdr1gq8h8A

Last edited:

socom688

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Whiskey, I didn't do the upgrade to the engine myself, that was courtesy of Uncle Sam. I did swap the D for a C though. I'll change that in my sig

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks