• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M54 was RED?

msisco

Did the Military ever paint the M54 cargo trucks RED? Was my truck a Military Fire truck? This truck has so many mysteries. After pressure washing the truck for the first time I can see that the truck was last RED everywhere! No, I don't think is is the RED oxide primer. I can see several layers of paint and right before the camo it has now it was RED. You guys ever see this before. Even the steering wheel was red. I bought my truck from someone that got it from a storage yard lien sale so I have zero history on it.
:lost:

Attachments

emr

:nothingfunny:red was for those special ops missions, so they could sneak in during a fire...:mrgreen:...or maybe like a flight line crew on an aircraft carrier, the red ones were for returning cargo and the green ones were for bringing it in...8)

msisco

Just found out that it's last Military use was in the National Guard in 1990. I have no idea where or what it has been doing since then. Yes, perhaps a short career in Fire Fighting. Maybe it was purchased by a private party and painted camo again. I only wish I could find out it's history..aua

Stan Leschert

Up here, some trucks got seconded to Base Fire OPs. They were still on our DA holdings, but if they were required to respond to normal fires, they went Red, and had all of the noisy flashy bits installed. Range control typically kept theirs Green. I don't know about S.O.P. down south.