• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M813 recovery from Ft. McCoy

camp9

Just wanted to share some pics of my first 5ton I bought on GL at Ft. McCoy. Took our two oldest boys with yesterday and picked it up. Drove it 350 miles home and ran like a top. The paint is pealing and ugly, but once we get it cleaned up it's going to be a gem. Opened the hood this morning and the only oil leek I could find was a little on the rubber flex hose that hooks from the air intake to the air filter. Pretty happy about that. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

camp9

Ya, I've run trucks all my life, I had belts, filters, I think I had everything for a repair, and not even a fuel line or filter plug. Time with my boys and no break downs, what a great day. :smile:

camp9

Found my oil leak, its coming out the top of the power steering pump, it's wet and the fan must be pushing it to the back of that part of the engine compartment. Checked the air filter, brand new with a message:lol: and the oil is new too.

Attachments

camp9

Camp, nice pick up. BTW, what did you pay for the tent heater? I didn't get to see the end prices.
Picked that one up for $340 + fees. It had 318hrs on it, all the others had 1 or 2 hours and when I seen the 3 in 318 I just figured it as 3hrs like the rest. It looks to be in good shape. It's the first things I've bought like this, pulled it off the truck and was going to see if I could get it running, but found out I must need an adapter to plug it in. Here's a pic.

Attachments

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Camp9,

Congrats on the successful recovery and getting a 5 ton! That hood pic was terrific and must of felt good driving that truck with your sons being co-pilot and chase vehicle... :-D

Are you going to put it to work on your farm?

I haven't driven a 5 ton in decades, but what I remember was the "power steering" and the larger size difference from my Active/USAR days of driving deuces...

Enjoy your 5 ton and cherish that time with your sons - I bet they'll remember "that recovery" too... :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks