• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M813A1 Drop Side.

FM5332FF

I won a M813A1 Dropside on gl today, Its located in VA, Im going to put in my EUC tomorrow. Then time to prepare for a road trip. Gl said it is a runner :) Vinny Talked me into it. I cant wait.

Attachments

fasttruck

Think about downloading the pubs espediallyt the operators 'manual, organizational manual and lubrication order. If you don't take care of this right it will turn into an inmobile mountain of iron before your eyes. Proceedure to bleed air out of cooling system is somewhat unique to m809 series trucks.

FM5332FF

I have all the manuals on my computer, Ive been reading up on the 5tons sense I sold my bobbed deuce that i built, The only thing that this truck is getting is some 5 ton combat wheels and 1600's maybe a winch in the future.:p

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Atta Boy FM5332FF :grd:,

Be sure to check the fan/pulley mounting bolts.
If they are loose, the fan may lean forward and mill out the back of your radiator.
Ask me how I know,....
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/16025-looking-m809-series-5-ton-radiator-fan.html

Not fun.

Also there is a 5 ton recovery thread on the site some where....
Find it an bone up on it.

Take a new fuel filter to make sure you can get her to the top end that the truck is capable of doing. But remember, there is no rush to get home, you are driving history.... enjoy it.

And best of luck on the trip, take pix (we like picks - reading is harder)
And by the way---- nice catch.:mrgreen:

FM5332FF

There will be many pictures taken, I cant wait to pick it up, I will be grinning ear to ear, Even more than I am now. Thanks for the info on the fan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks