• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my m923a2

ghettoct

Back in the saddle again, after having to sell my first m923a2 due to circumstances beyond my control, i finally got another one and this one is staying. its a 91 and and in very nice condition. the only thing that needs attention is the ctis module (which i have a new one that was an extra on my first one) and the passengers side front air brake vent line (seems to have been chewed on by an animal, fraying the outer jacket)

she had straight 8 inch exhaust pipe with no muffler, which sounded great but deafening on the highway. previous owner had all the stock pipe and muffler, so it was a direct replacement back to stock.

bty after searching the forum for replacement front air brake vent lines, i can t find any replacement lines that are not under 150$ which are NOS. any one have ideas on alternative replacements than NOS.

iam glad that i was able to find another! i feel whole again lol

james

Attachments

ghettoct

thanks everyone! infidel you were right brother! i am glad things worked out, right time right place and here i am lol! 71deuceak, she is just for fun for now, but have some plans of her in the future, as in travel. =) took forever to get the arm of the divit out, had to take off assembly anchor strap the body to the bumper loops, tie some repelling rope through the bar end of tube and anchor strap that to the dodge ram hitch an play tug of war, it didn't want to budge. finally after some fwd reverse few it came out. there must have been 6 coats of paint on it, black, green, tan, green, black, tan and then black. ended up flap disc sanding it to bare metal and reapply CARC 383 green. force drying it as we speak. it certainly feels great to be tinkering.

thanks again! james

I told ya things would turn around, good luck with your new truck. Nice looking ride.

71DeuceAK

Travel plans...cross-country road trip in a M923A2? That sounds like a fun adventure in the making! I'd love to do that sometime I've literally considered having the idea of a 923 as a daily driver.

Granted, I may end up with a Deuce, as a daily driver, and weekend-ly 100-mile each way road trip. In the winter. In Alaska. Between Fairbanks and Delta Junction. Am I certifiably insane yet?

71DeuceAK

Especially since I'd likely be living on a dirt road that doesn't get plowed unless one of the homeowners takes the initiative, and the firewood chore...
Now, how about driving between Alaska and Califronia twice a year in a Deuce, or better yet, a M923?

ghettoct

Especially since I'd likely be living on a dirt road that doesn't get plowed unless one of the homeowners takes the initiative, and the firewood chore...
Now, how about driving between Alaska and Califronia twice a year in a Deuce, or better yet, a M923?
i looked at a deuce before i got my first 923, and it was nice, loved the straight pipe no muffler and the whine of the turbo, that was kick ass. but i started looking at 923's and was hooked when a bud here on SS let me drive his, i was hooked! and here iam. iam seriously considering a trip cross country when i retire. have family on west coast, south dakota and since my wife and i were married in wyoming those would be some what my route.

iam sure your ride on alcan would be the trip! you may want to upgrade to an air ride seat lol. i envy you living in the last frontier. iam ready for a change and cant wait to retire. you should get an 923! lol whats the old saying one is none, two is one! lol

i have had classic mustangs, a modern mustang and nothing comes close to my 923, i wouldn't trade her for nothing.

71DeuceAK

I have ridden in a Deuce once, but it was about three and a half years, ago, long before I got "hooked". (No, that ride didn't "hook" me; it happened way later). But yes, they are rough-riding and loud! Funny thing was, until then I didn't know WHY there was that high-pitched whistling sound that carried for miles around the area until I saw the truck run up close.

Not so much the Alcan, as much as weekly or biweekly driving on the Richardson Highway between Fairbanks and Delta Junction most likely. A lot of it is wannabe-freeway now. 55MPH speed limit, perfect for a 923! It's a ridiculous road though IMO...railroad tracks crossing the freeway, dirt roads entering the freeway with no ramp and nothing but a STOP sign, you get the idea. As a college student. In a deuce or 5-ton.

Yeah, I'd prefer to keep the Deuce if I got a M923, though if what I'm told is true I'll probably never want to have it as a daily driver ever again after getting a 923, doing the 100-mile-each-way weekend commute in that.

I will definitely start looking for a M923 once I get my CDL (Need that for air brakes in Alaska). But before that I should probably test-drive somebody else's, and get familiar with them. (On here is one thing, in person is entirely different).