• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M927 got me sad 😔😔😔

Chitangi

Hello guys hope fully I can get some closure here .Recently hard my motor rebuilt and we installed the transmission but for some reason ,it won’t t engage in reverse checked wires everything looked supposedly good but still no reverse …was forced to a do swap with another tranny but problem persists ,need your guidance here …out of ideas and actually opened the other tranny to inspect the gears and clutches looked good ..your thoughts would be appreciated .

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First thought is shift cable adjustment. Second, make sure button on transfer-case shifter is not stuck in, but don’t think no reverse is typical issue with that… everything getting fuzzy with old age.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you in low range ?
It won't go into reverse if you're in low range ...

It also won't go into reverse if it THINKS you're in low range, in other words if the lockout pieces that were junky when they were made but now have 17 coats of paint and rust on them are malfunctioning or stuck, it will also keep you from going into reverse

It's very easy to crawl under there and see if they are malfunctioning if someone inside doing the levers

I would bet your problem could be fixed with a small Hammer and two crescent wrenches and possibly a little propane torch and some PB Blaster penetrant .

Also check that shifter button like other guy said, it can cause weird problems, I spray some lube in there on mine, you can check the wires with a multi-meter to see that it's doing its thing, they getting neglected and abused and full of dirt and rust and food bugs etc. over the years, but it sounds to me like it's your mechanical reverse lockout

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks