• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m932 trans temp pegged the gauge

monkster

We got one of the many trucks tractors from Camp Shelby. We put a small load behind it and the trans. temp gauge went to plus 300. (2000 gal of water in a tank on a flat bed) As with many of the earlier posts, we went and drained the trans, and converted to Dex III. Any ideals way this transmission is runing so hot.

monkster

Coming back empty the gauge read 300 slightly cooler than when loaded. Also found the cooler on the right side and with filter above will be changing that as well.

monkster

Thanks to those above. Good ideal I have a heat gun, and I will check the thermistor. I also talk to my diesel mech. and he suggested another cooler, found a used one and told me to put in front of the radiator, I think it would mount to the channel on the bottom of the hood, but I will check out the other suggestions first.

monkster

I believe I got the prob under hand. Used the advise of Krink545, and big hoss. I put the under a load again and watched the degrees climb to about 275, I took the heat gun and focused on the line going into the cooler, read 190, coming out 178. I am going to replace the sending unit and the gauge. Found out the sending unit is the same for the trans as well as the eng. water.

Thanks to all who responded

chess

it has the 654 5 speed allison right? if so put motor oil in it. allisons HATE atf. they will heat more than usuall and shift like crap with it. i use what ever oil i run in the motor right now its 15w40 rotella. and i have 16r20s on mine with a 3900 gallon tank and work in places thats over 115 in the afternoon at times and never had a problem... but glad you found out it wasnt overheating.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks