• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MY M984 good and bad news

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI all the good news is it is finally here that's the end of the good news, the bad news is it is looking like it will haft to be a static display unit. The pics will show the worst things I found, there is a piece of the wrecker bed frame cut out with a torch and the deck winch tenensener is missing. The crane is missing a LOT of parts, the output shaft yoke on the transfer case for the rear axles was cut off. A lot of things in the cab are missing too, the engine I missing parts also some sheet metal items like the engine side covers. I can see that the military demilled this unit before it went to sale, the only silver lining to this is that the engine and trany are an off the shelf civilian item. The best hope to fix the rest is to find (cheap) an cargo one and salvage the crane and cab parts, also anything else like a spare tire. Some items how ever are m984 only.
IMG_20161102_140321.jpgIMG_20161102_140335.jpgIMG_20161102_140255.jpgIMG_20161102_140530.jpgIMG_20161102_140820.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Check with csmdavis. He knows of a whole hemtt unit with no engine,cab, transmission. But the rest of the truck is new

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well as a famous news caster would have said "and now for the rest of the story" got it for 30k + 7,000 shipping, and so here it is.
I guess getting a restored value price idea or 2 would help me decide how far to go on work on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks