• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Master Cylinder Rebuild with Photos

DirtyDeuce1

So here I am again but now with my Master Cylinder rebuild. After my Airpack rebuild the brakes were allot better but I was loosing pressure in the pedal while it was being held down. If you are interested you can see the Airpack rebuild here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/82753-my-airpack-rebuild-photos.html I checked for leaks but couldn’t find any. Some suggested it may be an internal leak in the MC. So with a $26 (or so) rebuild kit from Saturn Surplus I decided to tackle it and hopefully fix the issue. This rebuild is a whole lot easier than the Airpack. Hey Gimpy I didn’t break anything taking it out! Ha! So here are the pics for those of you that want to see the internals of the MC rather than just what’s in the TM’s.

So the breakdown is pretty straight forward. Pull out the round locking clip at the end (at least that’s what I call it) and just slide everything out, I took allot of pics so I could remember how it all goes back together. Be ready for some fluid to come out as you pull the pieces out of the cylinder, it get’s a bit messy. I didn’t find anything that looked that bad in there. Once everything is out, hone the cylinder to remove any fine scratches or imperfections in the cylinder that may cause a leak. I used the same Honing tool that I used for the Airpack (the small one).

Then just put it all back together again. Real easy to do, I started mine at 7:30 last night and was done by 10:30. Now I just have to bleed the system and try it out. Hopefully that will fix my problem. I’ll find out tonight!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks