• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my motor pool at car show

ETBaals

Hi
I got motivated and took the entire motor pool to the local highschool car show today.
got a little wet on the way home, but all vehicles made it under thier own power :lol:
My dad and I took the following

1942 GPW Navy
1942 GPW Army, with 1942 Bantam T3 trailer
1945 MB USMC with 1952 M100 trailer loaded with WWII miltary bicycles
1941 Plymouth P11/12 staff car
1941 dodge WC4 1/2 ton weapons carrier, towing 1945 converto dump trailer
1942 Dodge WC55/52 3/4 ton weapons carrier
1943 Dodge WC53 Carryall
1943 GMC CCKW 2 1/2 ton

and last but not least my dad cranked up his 1926 Ford model T coupe

Here is a link to the pictures

http://forum.ww2dodge.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3234

Thanks
Ernie

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's awesome Ernie!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ernie, welcome aboard. I met you and your Dad through Joe Young at one of the South Jersey Mil Veh club's treks through the Pine Barrens. How is your dad doing? He's got the carry-all, right? Any how, welcome to SteelSoldiers.

emr

Ernie, U guys are the Best!!! That is one sweet collection for sure...It was Great to see U guys at the MTA show, Tell your Dad I said hey...Randy

ETBaals

motor pool

Hi everybody
Thank very much for all the kind words.
the collection is a almost 40 year effort.
My dad has had the MB since 1969
Tha carryall and WC4 and the model T since 1975
I got the WC52 in 1983, the GPW in 1988
The staff car we got in 2001,
The navy jeep i built in 2005, it is almost a complete repro.
The GMC i just got last Sept. (i posted pics here when i got it home)
We also have a 1959 Edsel, but did not have the time to get it running for the show.
And we still have my grandfathers 1946 John Deere La tractor.

My Dad is ding well, he is 84 now, He does not drive too far anymore, and the dodges beat him up a little. but he still enjoys driving the jeeps, model T and staff car.

We have another life time of projects still in garages/sheds/truck bodies.
Including 2 VC dodges, a WC1, A slat grill 1941 willys, a Ford script, A USMC holden jeep ambulance and a couple of other MB/GPW A M38A1, My M880 (needs motor) our M715 (we still use it as a snow plow truck) , the M211 (for sale :lol: )
And my M1009. My CUCV probably has the highest miliage of any around, 480,000 documented miles. I drove it for work for almost 9 years.
It still runs okay, but the body is getting thin in places. I have gone throough, an injection pump, tranny, rear, water pump, 2 sets of injectors, a few sets of glow plugs, 2 starters, lots of starter bolts, and more alternators than i wish to think about.
I still like driving it, but i am begining to wonder what is keeping the drivers seat off the road :? , darn metal termites.

Thanks again for all the kindness, I love this web site.
Ernie

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: motor pool

480,000 documented miles on that CUCV??!? That's a record if I ever heard of one. Write GM a thank you note with it's story, and I'm sure if you turn over 500K they might buy it back off you and/or give you a new Blazer! :) Hey, it's happened before...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks